As one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales, the Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo sees as many as 500,000 visitors per year. Once a simple farm attraction, Folly Farm has grown from its small-scale start to a major part of the local area. Today, it is home to a range of fun fairs, as well as a zoo that houses as many 200 different animal types and species.
For parents and children, the host of indoor and outdoor play areas helps to add even more invention to a zoo that shows no signs of slowing down in scale. There is a reason why Folly Farm Zoo has become a popular choice for people across the United Kingdom looking for a quality, exciting, engaging experience.
Folly Farm Fun Facts
- This started out as a local dairy farm, but owner Glyndwr Williams and wife Anne noticed many passers-by would take interest in their farm animals.
- Since 1988, the attraction was developed and by 2002 the animals were first introduced as part of the wider park itself.
- The zoo itself has won awards from the Wales Tourist Board, claiming, the Best Day Out in Wales Award in 2005, 2010, and 2015.
- It was also named the 10th best zoo in the world by Tripadvisor as part of their 2017 Travellers’ Choice Awards.
- The Folly Farm is owned by the Williams and Ebsworth families; two well-known families within the region.
- The seasonal times of year really ramp up the number of employees, with over 100 seasonal members of staff brought in for major events.
- Over 700 different animals make up Folly Farm, with the number of unique animal species included around the 200 mark.
- The variety of animals is striking, with everything from African lions to curly-haired tarantulas, Nenes and Stiatunga’s. This is a deeply diverse, varied zoo with many options and attractions!
Folly Farm Animal Webcams
You have various options for animal webcams to pick from at Folly Farm. Some of the most popular include the following.
You will notice there are some unique giraffe webcams set up, allowing you to view these spectacular animals from the comfort of your own home. Watch them interact together and with one another in a way that is engaging and authentic.
View Giraffe Webcams.
Another hugely popular choice would be the penguin webcams at Folly Farm. Watch as these arctic delights make their way around a safe habitat, enjoying the company of one another as they go about their day-to-day duties.
View Penguin Webcams.
The lions are some of the most popular animals at this zoo, and you should find the lion webcams to be well worth watching. You can see them interact alone or as a group, creating a deeply exciting dynamic that is worth watching for hours on end.
View Lion Webcams.
Given the history of this venue, though, the addition of barnyard animals as part of the webcam collection should not be a shock. This helps to add an extra layer of freshness to the zoo, giving you access to a very local collection of animals that can be immensely relaxing to watch.
View Barnyard Webcams.
Zoo Camera Tags:
- giraffe web cam
- lion live camera
- live giraffe cam